Preaload Image

Frequently asked questions about the United Kingdom

Moving to a new country can be quite a daunting task . Everything is going to be different – be it transportation, culture and student life. With so much uncertainty,  we have answered common questions students like you raise about studying and living in the UK.

If you are a student from the EU, EEC or Switzerland, and planning to study in the UK, there might be some changes after the UK’s decision to leave the European Union. It basically depends on when you arrive in the UK. If you happen to arrive in the UK before 31 December 2020, there will be hardly any changes. However, if you arrive from 1 January 2021 onwards, there is a possibility of few changes which are still subject to negotiations.

If you stay beyond 31 December 2020 as your course is not complete, then you have to apply online for the EU Settlement Scheme or apply under another category of the immigration rules.

Current students from the EU will not see any changes to their loan eligibility or fee status. Same applies for students who will start courses in England and Scotland in 2020-21. This guarantee will apply for the full duration of the course

Yes, 10+2+3 system is accepted by UK universities for masters programs.

For further education options such as Masters, you should ideally look for an Institution which enhances your technical skills. It should add value to your graduate degree and should not teach you something which you already know. It should also give you hands-on experience and makes you job-ready.

There are primarily two kinds of postgraduate courses in the UK – taught and research. Taught masters is mostly MA or M.Sc. degrees and has a duration of 12 months (full-time) and 24-months (part-time). Research masters programs usually offer M.Phil. degrees and are quite intensive. They usually take 18-36 months to complete.

Our experienced counsellors will help you in identifying and securing the university or college where you can thrive. Contact us for more guidance on how to further your post-graduate career in the UK.

The UK Government provides an opportunity to students of all nationalities to study in but you’ll have to obtain a student visa first. For this, a student has to provide evidence of proficiency in the English language. This is a prerequisite because in all the UK universities, the medium of teaching is English. Therefore, if you are not from an English-speaking country then you would have to prove your communication and correspondence skills.

Some of the accepted language tests are:



C1 Advanced

UK institutions are open to accepting all the above-mentioned tests, however, the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the most preferred English language proficiency test. IELTS  is accepted by almost all institutions in the UK and is also advised as per the UK visa rules. Don’t forget to check the official website of your preferred institution to know more on this.

Tier 4 visa holder students are eligible to work for 20 hours per week during an ongoing session and full-time during vacations. Also, doctorate students can work full-time throughout their session.

If you are below 18 and applying for the Tier 4 (General) student visa, then you need to show a  written consent from your parents/guardians which will permit you to live and travel independently. You also need to provide the details of your guardian in the UK. Our counsellor will help you with the same when you apply for your visa.

Didn’t find the answer?

    Open chat